Mga Kabuuang Pageview

Linggo, Disyembre 22, 2013

HongKong and Macau: My First International Trip

November 18, 2013

Working so hard and giving 100% dedication to your job sometimes pay a good consolation on top of the monthly compensation! And I would say, I got my consolation, a very good one, as it did pay for my trip to HongKong and Macau. Does that sound extremely amazing? Yes, it does, at least for me, especially that it was my first international trip ever!



Together with my very good friend and co-worker, Maecel , and some other folks, the trip began in Trinoma Airport Lounge. From there , we took bus to Clark airport . I'm not sure if it is cheaper that way .

Clark is far from Manila, probably about 2-hours ride.  There are buses that transport passengers from Manila to Pampanga but that is not convenient for us because, from bus terminal, we would need to take another bus or tricycle or probably jeepney to get to the airport. We may have some long walks too. I couldn't be sure, but that's what I imagine if we take public utility vehicle. We have big bags and some have luggage, and to carry them all the way to the airport through public transportation, that is a lot of work to do. Good thing is, there is this airport lounge that has been established. They have air-con buses that bring passengers straight to the airport for only P200. That is cheap, convenience-wise.


Clark Airport
I would say Clark Airport looks a lot better than NAIA Terminal 4 or even the airports in Cebu and Davao. It's small though, just enough to cater few domestic and international airlines.


Well, the airport is clean and organized, that's few of the things that matter to  me. I am more concerned of the safety of passengers and a not-so expensive terminal fees :)

When our flights were confirmed and after we were issued with tickets and boarding passes, we went to another counter to pay terminal fees and travel taxes. Next was the immigration. It was my first time to travel outside the country so the immigration officer had to look at my travel voucher and my company id to show that I am employed here and I won't go to Hong Kong for an employment . Immigration check did not take long .

Look who's excited!



After 2 hour - flight, we reached Hong Kong International Airport. Everyone in the trip were all excited to go out of the airport and see everything in Hong Kong. I could tell because almost everybody were standing when the flight attendant announced that the door was open for embarkation. I stayed seated and enjoyed the feeling of being amazed by the scenic view of the mountains, the buildings and the airport. My camera could tell I was at the top level of amazement because, just before the plane could make its landing, I had almost 40 pictures on my cam. OMG!

Here's my favorite of all those pictures :)





At HongKong Airport

can't recall how many times I talked about how beautiful Hong Kong was. I may have uttered repetitive expressions about tens or could be hundred times, and guess what? We had not even seen the entire city or island just yet. We were still at the airport and had not gone to the immigration, just yet! I must have been extremely astounded by the airport. It is very huge, and too way far from our airports here in Philippines. Then, I realized Hong Kong or Chinese economy is like a tiger by its prowess. Their buildings and structures show how big their economy is. It's larger than a giant, if there is even such thing that exists.





Holiday World Tours

After passing through the immigration checks, we went straight to the arrival area . Staffs from Holiday World Tours met us at the pick up area. They were about to meet other tourists so they asked us to wait for a little while . We're good to wait if that means an opportunity to take more photos :)




Some tips for those who plan to go to Hong Kong :  They said, the easiest and cheapest way to go from one location to another is by taking airport express or MTR or the train. Tickets are available inside the airport.


We were on a tour package which includes free transportation from hotel to all tourist destinations indicated in the travel voucher. Then, tour guides would come to the hotel on specified date and time to pick us up for the tour so we didn't really need to take bus or a train, unless we would go to some other places not included in the package. In my case, I'm all good with the trips and activities on the itinerary . I'm someone who's not willing to go on an extra trip if that means an additional fee on top of my budget.


Hello Hong Kong



One of the things I noticed in Hong Kong is their taxi cabs. They are all colored red. There's none in white or yellow, like what we have in Philippines.


Also, their taxis seem to be old models of cars. I didn't see a Toyota Vios or a Hyundai Accent model , like what I usually see in Metro Manila . Maybe, just maybe, it' is only in the Philippines where taxi operators or owners would invest in brand new cars or latest car models then turn them into taxi cabs. I couldn't be sure , of course . Some good things about their taxis are the fact that they are all clean inside and engines must have been in good condition as there is no smoke belching or loud noise from the cab.



No doubt, I love their architecture. Their buildings are just so amazing, and from what I had seen, from good highways to tall buildings and towers, they absolutely have a very good economy.


 The Bridal Tea House

Our package includes 3 nights accommodation in Bridal Tea House, a hotel located in Kowloon, HongKong. It's very close to a train station and near to restaurants and shopping centers in Mong Kok.



Our room is not really big but it's spacious enough for two people, at least for me and Maecel . It has two - comfortable beds and a nice shower room. If there are something to commend about the hotel, it's the cleanliness :) , the friendly staff despite language barrier, and the healthy food they serve on breakfast. I said language barrier because when we asked questions to the staff, they don't respond to us in English. I remember an instance when Maecel asked the hotel receptionist where she could find an ATM machine to withdraw money and she was given an answer in Chinese language. Communication with some Chinese people we met in Hong Kong was our major issue . It was so hard to get lost and ask for direction.




 The restaurant area:



The hotel has free wifi too, though it's only available in the restaurant area.


Now that we had settled in the hotel, it's time to organize things and do the math. I am a budget-conscious individual. I don't wish to spend so much for myself on whichever trip I do because the trip itself is already a lot for me. I need to make sure everything goes well according to my budget :) Hence, I reviewed the itinerary and the projected expenses, and I was seeing things would go as planned, with extra money on my pocket! Yey!


It was 2:00 in the afternoon when I finished sorting things out. Our first activity for the day was a trip to Victoria's Peak and to Ladies' Market in Mong Kok. Those were not included in the package so we had to pay extra. Anyway, I still had 2 hours and a half before the trip so I thought of having a nap to get more energy. Besides, I had been awake for 16 hours that day.


This trip was a treat for myself and this wouldn't be possible without hard work, and when I talk about hard work, I always want to give credit to my  boyfriend, Gord, who never gets tired of reminding me to do good work and perform better. I'm thankful with the company that I work with too. Being granted with an opportunity to travel has been a blessing already. And then, to travel with a friend, that is a huge plus factor. Maecel and I used to travel with some other close friends at work - Marion, Dyen or Jennifer, and Ella, and this time, it's just me and Maecel, and some people we met.

There are so many things to tell about this trip -  new experience, new friends, new people, dreams that came true and a lot more! And I'm glad to share every detail of those experience we had in Hong Kong and Macau.


I'm in the process of completing the travelogues and will post them the soonest I can. Here are some write-ups to follow:


The Peak Tram 
Hong Kong City Tour 
Macau Tour
Hong Kong Disney Land



Ma. Cristina
Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento