Mga Kabuuang Pageview

Martes, Disyembre 31, 2013

Hong Kong : The City Tour

November 19, 2013


Our first day in Hong Kong was already a blast of beautiful scenes, finest architecture, happy people we met on the trip, and the bright lights that decorated the city at night . It was just one day and I felt like I had seen a lot of wonders that Hong Kong can offer to its millions of tourists from different sides of the world . And now, I couldn't wait to discover what else to experience on our second day in the city .


I still can remember how comfy and soft our bed was at Bridal Tea House and that very warm space we got despite the cold weather outside the hotel . Those were just so perfect in order for me to get a very nice sleep on our first night in Hong Kong . Maecel and I were both tired on our first day and we seemed to have a long day and night due to the back-to-back visits we did to Ladies night market in Mong Kok and the Tram Peak . I guess those activities had taken a lot of energy from me . That's for sure !  Otherwise , I wouldn't be asleep for long hours . I was knocked down when I got back to the hotel . The moment I had my body laid on bed , my eyes shut off voluntarily and the next thing I knew , my alarm on my phone kept on snoozing . Oh wow, it was already morning !  It was 7AM when I woke up.


As the tour would begin at 8:30 AM , I needed to hurry up, fix myself and get ready for the trip ! I couldn't be late . It's going to be our Macau day so I knew we would have another long day ahead . But before anything else ,  it's time to energize with enough food !


With the wonderful people I met in the tour
Our hotel accommodation came with a complimentary breakfast , similar to what all other hotels do offer . Before the invigorating tour activities began , we better had our bellies filled with carbs and sweets or else we'd end up starving during the trip. It was a buffet type of breakfast so we had a variety of choices on the table : from coffee to tea , from sweets to healthy wheat products to porridge and fruits . With all those kinds of food served , I had my eyes on ham and wheat bread so I had them on my plate , and , of course , my all - time sweetheart every morning , a coffee .


We were in the middle of chit-chat and getting along with other people in the group when the tour guide came at the hotel lobby to pick us up. Everyone was not ready to go yet .  Maecel and I and the rest of our friends were not done with breakfast , and that didn't matter to the guides .  The tour must proceed on time .


First part of the tour was the compulsory city - tour . First destination would be Victoria Harbour , but before we got there ,  let's see some more places in Hong Kong :




Victoria Harbor

One of the tourist spots in Hong Kong is the Victoria Harbor . This is a bit similar to Bay Walk in Roxas Boulevard in Manila but they have a lot of differences ; one of which is the fresh air . When we got to the harbor , we did not have to cover our nose , unlike in baywalk where one must not like to breathe with an air that comes from dirty ocean . Another visible difference is the water . It's all clean . No garbage . No clutters .  Also, there are no street kids in the alleys . No vendors alongside the benches and the sea walls . The whole environment is clean , and that is very impressive .



It was such a nice place so we must have our own picture taken with the ocean at the background :)


Other photos :




Souvenir Shops 

Next would be a visit to different souvenir shops in Hong Kong , including the jewelry factory called TSL . Picture taking was not allowed inside the shops :) Anyways , Ate Cathy from Royal Express Travel and Tours reminded us that the items in souvenir shops would be expensive as compared to those that could be bought from Mong Kok , and she was absolutely right . 



That's all for the city tour . It was not as fun as our first day but I knew our next destination would rock my world . Next stop would be Macau .


At the end of the city tour , most of us in the group would go straight to Disneyland while Maecel and I were bound for Macau . Before we parted with the rest , we opted to have photos with the rest . We couldn't be sure if we would see them all the next day . Some might fly back on the third day while others had scheduled trip different from ours . It was so nice meeting them and the best souvenir would be a nice photo with them :)




The highlight of  second day tour was Macau , and I got excited even more because sooner that day , I would have my feet set in the City of Dreams !


UP NEXT : Macau Tour

You may click here to go back to Hong Kong main entry 



Ma . Cristina
Mandaluyong City , Metro Manila

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento