Mga Kabuuang Pageview

Huwebes, Agosto 8, 2013

Baler: A Place That's Beyond Beautiful


I usually don't do repeats in my travels. If I'd been to a place, I don't go back; and there is no special reason behind this other than money concern. I'm a typical budget traveler hence I plan a trip well to ensure I would be able to do all the things I wanted, all - in - one, in a single visit. That way, I don't have to go back for the rest and spend pesos again. For me that isn't practical, money-wise. 


Baler_Septmber 2012


However, trips do not always go as planned. Some misses happen. Some unexpected events come. Some activities just don't push through. And if those things happen, there is nothing nicer than to do the same trip again and complete the desired itinerary the next time. And that's exactly what happened with my trips to Baler. 

The first time I, together with my sister Eiffer and fun-seeker colleagues - Marion Erika and Ella, went to Baler to spend some time and try surfing, we had such a great time. Fun was not complete though because we were unable to visit all the places we had listed in our itinerary. Staggering rain and time constraint stopped us from proceeding and thus we ended up returning to Manila without even seeing the famous Ditumabo Mother Falls and a rock formation called... Oh my! I can't recall its name! 

So I said, I'll return for the unfinished journey. I have to. Otherwise, I would feel like I have not experienced Baler completely. And so I did. This time, it's with special friends in the workplace - Dyen, Maecel, Marion and Ella and Teacher Dyen's hubby. This trip was not only planned to distress ourselves after long weeks of working but also to celebrate Teacher Dyen's birthday and for winning the third place on a championship game for Badminton. 


Haler Baler for the Second Time

Everyone was getting more excited as the actual date of the trip drew near. Dyen started to contact some people in Baler for our accommodation while I checked the bus schedule and rate for our transportation. 

When things seemed all set, we were ready to have FUN!

Picture .. Picture.. sa bus pa lang. Si Sir Owen, tulog

It was 3rd of August when we left for Baler. It was a long trip down the road but seeing beautiful scenery and an endless funny chit-chat with Maecel, it was not boring at all, unlike in some solo bus trips I had in the past. I think travelling with friends has always been better than solo-backpacking. 


Sunrise along the way_Tarlac area


The ZigZag in Nueva Ecija
Somewhere in Maria Aurora_Good Photo capture by Dyen

It was 11am when we reached Baler. All of us were thrilled and had that excited smile painted on everyone's face! Finally, that seven-hour ride on Genesis bus ended.



As it was almost lunch when we got to the town, we decided to buy food at the public market and bring them to Secret Spot, a place where we were supposed to stay but due to some accommodation issue, we needed to look for a different inn. June Samano's homestay where we stayed the last time we came to Baler was on top of my mind. Gladly, I still have their number on my phone. Marion gave a call to the admin people and we were able to negotiate for a cheaper rate. 

So after lunch, we had siesta time. While others were enjoying the beach, I was dead tired and asleep the whole afternoon. The next thing I knew was Dyen and Marion were waking me up for dinner.


Dinner By The Beach and The Margaritas

Bay-ler View Hotel is also a best place to stay at in Baler, not only because of its being located in the beachfront of Sabang Beach but also of its staff who has been so nice and courteous, even during our first visit. It has its own restaurant and since it is located just beside Samano's homestay, we had our dinner there and had a sumptuous meals for all of us.  





And what completed our night was the over-flowing exchanges of words and stories, laughter and a margarita which we got from Dyen as her treat treat. It was her birthday a week ago so it was like an extended celebration. 



The Margarita Girls :)




  






The Margarita Flavor: An Anecdote

There is a funny story which I would like to share. The first time we dined in at Bayler Hotel last year, Ella wanted to have a glass of margarita served on her table. She politely asked one of the waiters, and had a very interesting conversation with one of the waiters. She asked what flavors of  margarita the hotel serves. The waiter responded with "meron pong tequila"... meron pong [forgot the other choices he was giving]. Ella then explained what she meant by flavors and gave examples. The waiter seemed to have gotten what's being asked and excused himself and said he's going to ask somebody in the counter. After several minutes, that waiter came back and said "ayun po ma'am meron po syang tequila..." So the bottom line, kuya waiter did not get what was asked. Ella didn't get her tequila.

Here comes our second visit. We wanted margarita and so we called a waiter. Someone approached us and Ella asked for the available flavors of margarita. He responded with the same choices as last year. He was talking about tequila again, and from that, we recognized the waiter. He's the same waiter from last year! What a remarkable meet-up! 


While we were having our margarita, Kuya waiter went back to our table and asked Ella "so ma'am, ano po ang flavor ng margarita?" and we all laughed! That was so funny!


Here's Kuya waiter. He's very nice and polite. 

Ella and the Margarita Flavor Part 2



First day of our Baler Trip was a complete amusement. We met people that were so nice and entertaining. The beach, the place, the people and the food - they all made our day! And if we enjoyed the first day, I could only imagine how extravagant our second day would be in terms of REAL FUN! and I just couldn't wait for it. 

No matter how thrilled I was, it's lights off time so we all went back to our room to get rest and prepare for the activities the next morning. 

Click Here for our SURFING Experience


Clue
August 9, 2013
Mandaluyong City, Philippines

2 komento:

  1. hi, ano po contact number ng Jume Samano? thanks :)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Hello, thanks fro dropping by. You may contact June Samano's Homestay at 09297163292 for reservation and inquiries. Enjoy and have fun in Baler :)

    TumugonBurahin