Mga Kabuuang Pageview

Linggo, Disyembre 15, 2013

Bohol: Dolphin Watching

October 17, 2013

One of the best things to experience in Bohol is Dolphin Watching. I had seen different kinds of fish in my childhood until college as my father used to catch fish for a living. But Dolphins? I had not seen one, except in movies or television shows. Dolphin is not a typical fish that one can see anywhere else in Philippine seas. So when the resort offered Dolphin watching, I was happy and excited. At last, I'm gonna get to see dolphins without going to Ocean Park or Subic.


That excitement began to banish when the staff informed us that we needed to wake up early as dolphins usually show up between 7:00 - 9:00 o'clock in the morning. I got reminded of what happened during our supposed to be whaleshark interaction in Donsol. To read my travelogue about Donsol trip, please click this.  We were supposed to swim with the whale sharks but we didn't see any whale shark, and that was disappointing and I wouldn't want to end up with that same fate in this dolphins. Anyhow, the tour must proceed as planned.


After we had our breakfast at the resort, Kuya Roger, the resort's contact fetched us at the resort and led us to a motorized boat. It was low tide at that moment so we had to walk about a hundred meters from the resort to the boat, and it was a pretty nice walk on a beach! I could feel the smoothness of the sand and that early cool breeze from nowhere! Wow, that was really awesome! My boyfriend was also having a good time with such early walk.



This is the boat that took us to where we're gonna watch dolphins.





After 30 minutes of boat ride, we were still not seeing dolphins so I was getting hopeless. I was thinking the same thing would happen like what we got on a search for whalesharks or Butanding as we call it in local tongue.


Few more minutes and the tour guide, Kuya Roger, told me to get ready with my cam as we were approaching the spot where whale sharks were! Yeeeeyyyy! That sudden delight was all over me! I got ready with my cam and made sure I got the proper settings and I was all set! I was ready to take photos of the dolphins!























They were not big dolphins but they were still dolphins :)  I cracked a joke and told Gord that Dolphins in Bohol were Filipino-sized so they were small :D

He's excited. I'm pretty sure! :)
Anyway, it was was all fun seeing those dolphins and other fish go fly and swim freely and disappear and come back again! They were playing in their own play ground and that was really fun watching! By the manner they swam together, they looked like they were dancing altogether and that they don't fear being caught by fishermen or being eaten by other big fish. And that was truly astounding!

I felt like I was having a magical moment of pure simplicity and beauty that life offers. And what made it more enchanting was the fact that I was given that opportunity to see God's creations with my boyfriend, someone I love the most and who loves me too.



UP NEXT: Island hopping and actual swimming with the fish in Balicasag Island! This sounds very exciting, doesn't it? Please click here to read the blog.

Balicasag Island




Ma Cristina
Mandaluyong City
Metro Manila

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento