Mga Kabuuang Pageview

Huwebes, Hulyo 10, 2014

Mt Manalmon: A Beautiful Mountain Like No Other


I'm short of memory at times especially when it's about dates or numbers so I couldn't remember the exact date when my team asked for another outdoor activity . I knew that happened some time in mid-June but as to what date , I don't know . Who cares ? What I knew is ,  after our Pico de Loro climb , my team asked for more . Just like me , they are nature-lovers and wanderers who love to explore , meet new people and discover life beyond boundaries .


Thinking of a full-packed adventure in one place , I thought of bringing my team to San Miguel Bulacan to experience tyrolean bridge , spelunking and of course a day hike to Mount Manalmon and the beautiful Madlum river too. I was confident they would like it there . After short planning , Yumi confirmed about 10 participants to join us . However ,  due to bad weather forecast on the scheduled climb , some chose to back - out for safety purposes, which I understand . I don't mind re-scheduling the climb but I have four (4) brave souls who seemed so unstoppable and wanted to proceed , and so we went on as planned .


From L-R: Robert  (aka Julia or Maegan) , Me, Ced, Yumi and Mike

Robert had been so excited for this climb . I remember I was on Skype with Gord and mom when he texted me to tell me he's already in the South Star , our meeting place , waiting for me , and that was an hour before the assembly time at E.S. Transport in Cubao . Gee! That was too early! He must be so excited ,  I should say ,  and so were the rest too :) When we got to E.S. Transport , I was thinking we'd wait for Yumi, Mike and Ced . To my surprise , Ced was already there waiting for us . So he's the most excited among us all !

Two hours from Cubao and we were already in Kamias , San Miguel and from there , we hired two (2) tricycles to bring us to Sitio Madlum . The moment my team saw the river and the bridge , they became more jovial and appreciative of the beautiful place . Everyone likes the place and the next thing I knew , we're taking so many photos already :) Aside from the majestic place , there is one thing we were so glad for - the nice weather that welcomed us in Madlum . It was cloudy , yeah , but it wasn't raining like in Manila .




More photos will be shared on a separate write-up about Madlum River .


After taking so many lovely photos , we crossed the river and went straight to the DENR Registration . There is a bridge already so my team didn't experience bamboo rafting to cross the river , like what I did the first and second time I went to Madlum . Rafting is another kind of beautiful experience that one should try .

Me during my second visit in Madlum last January 2014

As we wanted to take advantage of nice weather , we began the trek as soon as we got the guide . I was hoping to get Kuya Alfonso as our guide again as I know he's very dependable and he knows a lot of stories about the place that he could share to Yumi and peers , but guides work on shifting schedule I guess and the one available for us was Kuya Vher.

With our guide, Kuya Vher

For those who had been to Madlum knew that the trek would commence by passing through Madlum cave and to the river that had dried up for a long time .



So there , the moment we came out from the cave struck a stunning river that , for ages and climate changes , is slowly losing its water , but it is still beautiful though , including the rock formation .




And what challenges me for all the outdoor activities is river crossing . I love to river cross no matter how strong the currents are . I think that's because I lived my childhood without even experiencing how it feels to swim in rivers and cross rivers .



After the river crossing , we continued the trek to Mount Manalmon . It's an easy trail . I think it's the easiest of all the mountains I have climbed .


Best Trail Buddies
Ced's and Robert's trail food
Ooppppsss! Waley!




After an hour of walking , we're up at the summit to witness the grandiose beauty of Mount Manalmon . Given with 360degree-view of the place , the mountain ranges , the communities and near-by provinces, you would feel as if you are at the very heart of Central Luzon, or maybe you are.



After spending some time at the summit , we went down to the river and my team loved it as well




More photos will be shared on next write-up :)

Conquering Mt Manalmon does not consume much time and money yet you would get the best view at the summit . It takes an easy trek and less effort but what you'd get at the top is very priceless , and that's for this reason why I'd love it so much . It's a mountain that won't give you so much trouble and muscle pain . If you like to have a sweet escape from different noises in metropolis , including stress - contributors in your life , Mt Manalmon can be the best place to visit and get that kind of sanctuary you deserve . I'm gonna go back , that's for sure. As to when ,  I don't know yet .




For others who might be interested to climb Mt Manalmon and would like to get an updated information about fees and suggested itineraries , I'm sharing this for your benefit :) Just X out the bamboo raft





Ma Cristina "Clue"
Date of Climb : June 2014

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento